Mobile COVID-19 Testing
Rural Health and Safety of Eastern Iowa and Mercy Iowa City are partnering to offer free COVID-19 testing at several southeast Iowa community locations.
COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, is increasing in rural areas of Iowa and the Upper Midwest. With the onset of cold weather and flu season, we expect to see increased transmission and the potential for severe illness, hospitalizations and fatalities.
Testing protects you, your family and community, schools, and workplaces by identifying positive cases to prevent transmission and protect all of us, and especially our vulnerable populations at increased risk of hospitalization and death.
Rural Health and Safety of Eastern Iowa and Mercy Iowa City are providing this service to make testing more accessible to rural Iowans.
WHO SHOULD BE TESTED?
- Anyone with fever or respiratory symptoms living or working in close proximity with many others
- Anyone age 60 or over with fever or respiratory symptoms
- Workers in the following sectors: agriculture, health care, law enforcement, first responders, residential facilities, food supply, and education
- Children and staff in preschool to high school with fever or respiratory symptoms
- Anyone who has been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes) with a person tested postive for COVID-19 or having COVID-19 symptoms
WHAT COVID-19 SYMPTOMS QUALIFY FOR FREE TESTING?
one or more high-risk symptoms: new cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; new loss of tastes or smell
two or more low-risk symptoms: fever, headache, muscle/body aches, fatigue, sore throat, runny nose, congestion, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
Upcoming Clinics, Fall 2020
October 20, 3 pm - 5 pm: WILLIAMSBURG Mercy Family Medicine Clinic, 819 S. Highland St.
October 22, 3 pm - 5 pm: SOLON Mercy Family Medicine Clinic, 510 W. Main St. #A
October 27, 3 pm - 5 pm: KALONA Mercy Family Medicine Clinic, 503 3rd St.
Testing is easy.
No preregistration is necessary. Please wear a mask when you arrive.
Drive up where you see the mobile trailer and remain in your vehicle.
You will be asked a few screening questions regarding COVID symptoms and contact with anyone who may have had COVID.
You will then proceed forward and be tested in your car.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, contact:
- Kelley Donham, Rural Health and Safety of Eastern Iowa @ 319.530.6002
- Patty Maxwell, Mercy Iowa City @ 563.506.4260 or 319.688.7601
- Mercy On Call @ 319.358.2767
- your county public health department